Quick Concor Question....

Does anyone know if Concor ever produced a collector's set in N scale of L&N's Pan American?

I've seen references to it, but I've never seen one for sale - on eBay, on any of the other auction sites, or at any shows I've gone to.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Con-Cor Collector Limited Edition Set No. 37 0001-0085 Louisville &Nashville "Pan American"--Rivarossi USRA Pacific plus five cars (source Sootsman Reference Guide).

History of N Scale:
Railroad Books, Toys, and Trains:
to 1,200 sites:

Bill

Thanks Bill. Now where can I purchase one???

Reply to
Andy

Umm... eBay?

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Sorry Peter, but in my very first post on this thread I indicated that I have never seen one on eBay. Makes it extremely difficult to buy one on eBay, wouldn't you agree.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

This one ended last September

it is something you really want, the you have to keep looking on ebay. Also don't forget to use the web search engines. Do so on a regular basis since the results they return do vary somewhat. Stop in hobby stores where ever you go. That's what I did to acquire the GTW set a few years back.

Reply to
o u t e n d

I have recollections of this set being in the hobby shop where I worked in the late 1980s...so it's been out of production for a LONG time. Con-Cor typically made about 500 of this kind of set.

Reply to
Craig Zeni

Well Andy, lets see: As other responders stated, this is an older set - long out of production. Chances that one still sits on some hobby shop's shelf are pretty much non-existant.

Chances that someone on r.m.r. has one (or knows someone who owns one) are bit larger. But chances that this someone wants to sell it are probably again very small.

On the other hand, I've been buying, selling and watching items on eBay for 6 years and I can tell you that if you wait long enough, you'll see anything model related offered for auction there.

I suggest that you set up an automatic eBay search for this set. That way you'll get emailed if eBay finds one for you on their site. This feature works great (if you use the right category and keywords).

Good luck. Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.