UP's Katy Heritage Locomotive.

There has been a lot of discussion about this locomotive on the MKT group. The burgundy and red two tone paint over the silver gray with white trim
make for a nice combination. The other two fallen flag Heritage locomotives I've seen pictures of were okay but this is the best paint job yet. Here is a link to some pictures I got off the Kay Group. http://www.fuzzyworld3.com/tc10/index.html Nice isn't it? I can see it now....... all the Heritage paint jobs for sale in boxed collector sets..........or quick sell outs for fear of missing out on one of the models........... or guys buying an extra few to speculate on Ebay with. I know I'll want a Katy unit bad enough to reserve one when ever they are announced. Bruce
| models........... or guys buying an extra few to speculate on Ebay with. I | know I'll want a Katy unit bad enough to reserve one when ever they are | announced.
Exclusive to OMI/Tower 55 Tower 55 - Spring 2006. Price TBA - $tart $aving!
CTucker NY
Save??? What's that? Sounds kinda Un-American or something. Bruce

BruceFavinger wrote: There has been a lot of discussion about this locomotive on the MKT group. The burgundy and red two tone paint over the silver gray with white trim make for a nice combination. The other two fallen flag Heritage locomotives I've seen pictures of were okay but this is the best paint job yet. Here is a link to some pictures I got off the Kay Group. http://www.fuzzyworld3.com/tc10/index.html Nice isn't it? I can see it now....... all the Heritage paint jobs for sale in boxed collector sets..........or quick sell outs for fear of missing out on one of the models........... or guys buying an extra few to speculate on Ebay with. I know I'll want a Katy unit bad enough to reserve one when ever they are announced. Bruce -----------------------------------------------------
I agree, Bruce. This is the classiest so far. Thanks for sharing.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,100 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links

I'm surprised none of them ever were elected president of the USA!

They could not afford the drop in pay. Besides, with all of the above going on, They owned presidents like pet lapdogs....
Jim Stewart
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:44:52 -0500, Jim Stewart wrote:

They for sure owned at least one Attorney General (Hanna)
--
Steve

Still do, but it is best to include most if not all of the present administration.... Bought and paid for....

+GF+ wrote:

Except nowadays it's the energy consortiums and not the railroads that own the administration.
--

Rick Jones
Remove the Extra Dot to e-mail me
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,100 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links
At that time the federal government didn't have enough money to steal to make it worthwhile.
Eric

I've been following this thread with interest. What has struck me is how the so-called "Barons" are remembered in association with the railroads they profited from. Here in the UK railway Founders are not as well remembered as the Engineers who created the trains. Gresley, Collett, Dean and Churchward, to name a few. Not forgetting Stephenson and Brunel. Even a few of our politicians are better remembered than some of the owners. The thrice be-damned Dr Beeching and the unfortunate Member of Parliment, Huskisson, who was killed by a train at the opening of the Liverpool - Manchester Railway. Obviously as an Englishman the subject of the thread is not my heritage I merely thought to comment on the differing perspective, but I got my flame proof overalls on so no worries :-0) All other comments aside the "Heritage" paint schemes are very attractive and would look great on a model, it's a shame I run 1980s Burlington Northern!

A large number of railroad owners/builders were the engineers who created the system. In fact C&NW passenger stations are said to have been placed on the side opposite other roads because of its English owners. There are certainly many engineers and political supporters of railroads, also. Abe Lincoln was a high priced railroad lawyer.
Jim Stewart
More reliable story is that C&NW put stations on the north side of tracks to protect waiting morning passengers from the north wind. When double tracking began, it was logical to put the outbound tracks to the south of the existing mainline, as the afternoon returning commuters would get of the train and head immediately home. Thus was born C&NW's "left handed running". Nothing to do with English owners/investors, if there were in fact any.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Les wrote:
"All other comments aside the "Heritage" paint schemes are very attractive..."
Only if you're an attorney retained by Union Pacific.
Eric

Well, of course if you lay aside all comments that it's fugly, it only stands to reason that the remaining comments are favorable.
Had UP elected to paint locos in original schemes [MoPac gray & blue or MoPac Jenks blue (either scheme)], or schemes that might possibly be seen as derivative of an original scheme, my opinion would likely be different.
As it is, they seem to have created paint schemes out of thin air, and slapped heralds from dead railroads on. In fact, I'm totally surprised they put MoPac heralds on a blue loco, etc.
Of the three seen so far, the MKT is only the LEAST ugly; all are hideous.
--
Brian Ehni

Well stated... as usual.
--
+GF+

"I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make