TIMBER RIDGE LAYOUT

I purchased the Timber Ridge layout and I am having the worst time trying to get the track to align on the roadbed. Has anybody else purchased this layout and had the same problem. If so, how did you fix it.

Please help me out on this. Thanks, Bill

Reply to
william forbes

Check to make sure that you have the correct curved track in the correct place and that you have used the correct straight tracks in the right place.

Reply to
Frank Rosenbaum
[[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]

Bill, If it's not already too late, try assembling the track on the tabletop or benchwork first, being sure to get the right pieces in the right places. Then, once you're satisfied it's correct, mark where the tracks are with a SOFT pencil or (artist's charcoal stick), temporarily remove the tracks, and lay the roadbed to fit. Personally, I've always preferred Midwest's cork roadbed to Woodland Scenics sponge roadbed, but that's just my preference. Once the roadbed is in place, but before the track is installed, I like to give the roadbed and adjacent areas a coat or two of latex paint (that has been color matched to the ballast I'm going to use) to seal things and prevent glaring bare spots after the ballast is in place. Also, a light spray of gray and/or rail brown on the track before it's installed helps eliminate the monotone look of the track & ties.

Bill Nielsen Oakland Park, FL

Reply to
Flexgauger

Are you using the track system that the layout calls for?? Each track system has different radii for the curves and they won't work together or necessarily work on a prefabbed layout like yours.

Bob May