BNSF information wanted

We run a small sports management and video production company (www.longacres.com) We are taking a trip west next month and planning to film a rail fan video
of the BNSF "hi line" that runs along US #2 through North Dakota and Montana. We'd be very interested in any suggestions on good "train spotting" locations along this line, good places to visit, contacts and sources of information on this division of BNSF, etc. Post here or email to the email address on the above website. - Tom & Meghan

Just about anywhere on Hwy 2:-)
While in Minot try the street next to the Amtrak station. You can see both BNSF and CP as there is a diamond there.
Donald
Thanks Donald. I've been there and watched trains, but did not realize I was looking at a junction!

video
email
both

Basically anywhere between East Glacier and Sandpoint.
Bob Del Grosso's books 'A Railfan's Guide to Marias Pass' and 'Montana's Marias Pass: Early GN Mileposts and BNSF Guide' are great to have, but out of print at Great Northern Pacific Publications. You may find a copy at the Izaak Walton Inn, a MUST stop at Essex MT. Also useful Northwest Region Timetable and Mountain Plains Region Timetable from Altamont Press. More of the useful stuff 'Montana Railroad Maps' and 'Washington & Northern Idaho Railroad Maps' available from David Cooley, (see the sample page of Marias Pass here ( http://www.djcooley.com/rr/maps/mt02/mt02samp.htm )
http://www.greatnorthernpacific.com http://www.izaakwaltoninn.com http://www.altamontpress.com http://www.djcooley.com /
http://www.railroads-of-montana.com/Marias_Pass_Main.htm
To get some more ideas about what you will see try renting these from your hobby shop.
http://pentrex.com/marias.html http://www.railwayshop.com/dvd/marias-pass.html http://www.traintapes.com/marias.html http://www.railwayshop.com/details/details16.html
Also web resources.
http://www.mtnwestrail.com/montana/100601am21-1.htm http://www.mtnwestrail.com/montana/100601am21-2.htm http://www.mtnwestrail.com/montana/100601am21-3.htm
BTW remember that Maria Pass is grizzly bear and black bear country as well as home to 'Rocky'.
Hi "Mountain Goat", Thanks so much for taking the time to put together the various links. It is a big help and gets us going in the right direction. - Tom & Meghan

video