Thanks for BNSF info - railfan video production

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions 6 weeks ago about good places to film the BNSF "hi-line" in Montana. Meghan and I are back from our field work filming a BNSF railfan video in high definition TV format. I'm not making a commercial posting here because I have nothing to sell yet. The first HDTV video disc players will not hit the stores until the end of this year or early next. When they do, we will have one of the first HDTV railfan video's on the market.

If anyone has an HDV camcorder and really loves BNSF, we can probably work something out to get you a copy on tape, but it is cumbersome to print edited copies of HDV to video tape and we don't want to do this commercially.

The video quality? It is stunning! HDTV was invented for train video's. Not only do the trains look great, but the surrounding scenery really comes to life. Individual trees on mountain sides, individual leaves on closer trees, individual stones in the ballast on the track, all the bolts on the rolling stock. Seen on a plasma or good LCD monitor, you'll never want to look at an older train video again.

I am curious about the market for high quality railfan video's. Is anyone else marketing any yet? How many of you on this group are interested? How many have HDTV sets?

Thanks for any response.

- Tom

Reply to
tkranz