Re: Iraq war guntrucks

Dump trucks?

At last weekend reserve drill we had an interesting brief by one of our > battalion members recently returned from Iraq. It seems that our Seabee unit > was being used to provide security for convoys from Kuwait to Baghdad. The > desert took quite a toll on the few humvees we had so the 'Bees mounted > Mk19s and .50s and M-60s on dump trucks. I'm going to try to get some > pictures. > The brief was very interesting. We had to change everything we were > taught about convoys due to the changing nature of the war. I'm very glad > all our guys returned unharmed............Joe > >
Reply to
hans

Yes, dump trucks..................Joe

Reply to
Joe Drees

Seabees are the Navy's construction engineers. They are trained to fight also as they are meant to build things near the front lines.

Reply to
Gary Kato

Most military dump trucks have the ability to act as troop carriers with fold down seats in the dump bed. I bet that dump bed provides a little better protection against small arms fire than a regular cargo truck. Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius