Re: Oil for air compressor

Hello, I recently picked up an old medici air compressor . I have little knowledge about these things but I can see that it requires oil , it is well below the red line on the gauge. I'm wondering what type of oil I should get for it? Is it something I could pick up at Home Depot or more specialized?

Thanks Dan

Reply to
Dan

You should be able to pick up compressor oil there, it should be with the compressor accessories. Otherwise check your local home town hardware store. The store I managed, kept the compressor oil in two locations, with all of the lubricants and in the tool department next to the air tools and accessories.

Reply to
bluumule

Thanks for all the info. I'm still a bit concerned about purchasing the correct oil. The aircompressor is for an airbrush and it doesn't seem to be a silent one. It's about 20 years old. Would that be the correct oil purchase?

Reply to
Dan