Re: Revell Germany Locomotives - Comments

. Roco is widely available, and offers a very broad line.

Reply to
Jinxx1

Actually the Airfix molds are still being used and the kits sold under the name/company Dapol Model Railway Products :-)

Kind regards

Robert Lundin _______________

Aircraft Walkaround Center

Aircraft close-up studies and walkaround links

D> > anyone build the 1/87 kits? Seems like quite a subject diversion.

Reply to
Robert Lundin

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Jinxx1) wrote in news:20030829083113.28408.00000102@mb- m03.aol.com:

Con-Cor released at least 2 1/87 locos

4-6-4 Hudson Chessi System 4-8-8-4 Big Boy Union Pacific

Probably variants of thier electric locos.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Anyone taken a look at the new Revell HO Big Boy? Is it a genuinely new mould, or related to this Con-Cor kit? Interested in opinions, Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
William Davies

It is. If I remember the chronology right, it was first Monogram, then Con-Cor, then to Revell-Monogram. Nice static kit, I built one and donated it to my local hobby shop.

CB

Reply to
Jinxx1

The 4-6-4 was moulded with the wheels and valve gear solid making it non-rolling. The Big Boy was free rolling.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I've got the BR50 and BR41 ESCI kits and also a Revell GM BR18 with two passenger cars calling itself "The Orient Express". All three loks look like they were cut by the same hand, so may be that there was some sort of relationship there (also you have an Italian company doing two German locomotives, which is a bit odd.)

Getting away from that they are excellent static pieces and quite useful for HO scale.

As noted if you want to do 1/72 use the Airfix (ex-Kitmaster) locomotives and Airfix/Dapol cars, or any commercial UK items from other companies such as Hornby.

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne