Re: Shuttlecraft Galileo II

What I was thinking of doing with the Galileo II is first painting the

> floor aluminum, then dripping some rubber cement > in a couple of places before painting it black. And then either removing > the rubber cement before flocking it to > simulate carpeting (using less flocking material in the "passageway" to > simulate wear and tear of constantly being > walked over), or removing the rubber cement after flocking so as to show > even more wear and tear on the carpet/floor.

The shuttles didn't see that much use, and if they did you can bet the higher-ups would not permit them to get shabby. You never know when you are going to have to go fetch an admiral or ambassador. Besides, in the 23rd century, carpets last and last and last...

I'd just put down your basic thinned white glue and do the gray flocking thing without any attempt to make it look bad. Starfleet stuff has a sort of candybox too-perfect look about it anyway.

If it were a Klingon ship the carpet would probably have a lot of Pepto-Bismol colored stains...

WinBear

Reply to
WinBear (Bob Horton)
Digital_Cowboy

Pardon my ingorance; why Pepto colored? Is their blood pink? tia

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Maybe not. Is it true that human blood is blue until it comes into contact with air? If that's true, it is possible that the only thing we can really say is that Klingon blood is pink in a vaccum (as seen in ST VI TUD).

Like I said earlier... I'm friggin' bored. ;-)

WmB

WmB
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

What vacuum? The Klingons were alive and yelling until they were shot. Their artificial gravity had been knocked out, but the ship was still full of air.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Oops. Hey you Star Trek nerds are good! ;-)

WmB

WmB

It was pink in "ST-VI:The Undiscovered Country", but it has been displayed "otherwise" in all other instances.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

...and how bored are we today? :-)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Good "theory"...but I believe it is shot down by an "extra" scene (during the end-of-film assassination attempt) that is included on the DVD.

Reply to
Greg Heilers
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

I think you mean "rogue" as rouge is make-up; red in color. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

No apology neccessary, just hoping to edify or elucidate.

There's a local wrestling show here, one of the characters is called "Rogue." On the titling machine they keep spelling it "rouge." I better send them a letter too. I guess I shoulda been a teacher. 8^) Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

The same clown must work at the local TV station here. When the reporter says one thing and something else is typed into the caption one wonders which is corect and which isn't.

'Elucidate' and 'Edify'? You've been playing with the dictionary again haven't you?

:)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

It's the one addiction I've never been able to control! 8^) Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

That's the one really good thing about Netscape 4.7, it has a spell checker. Keeps me from looking like an illiterate dolt.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey