Re: (slightly OT) warning-another web scam

It is also common for crooks to get you to call their 800 number. The call is then forewarded to a fee line, usually in the Bahamas, that charges many $ per minute.

People who fall for this scam can be billed for hundreds of dollars while being left on hold.

Why nothing has been done about this is anybody's guess.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Hey:

Them guys in the Bahamas make campaign contributions too! I mean, If the government of the People's Republic of China can make campaign contributions to the democratic National committee, why not the Bahamians? :-(

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Don't you think that the Republicans are capable of this kind of BS as well? Or do they only stick with the good people at Halliburton?

The Old Timer

It wouldn't surprise me. Many corporations are headquartered somewhere else to avoid paying US taxes.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Hi Tom, I worked in a telephone company previously, and I think that you are not right about this. If you call a 800 number it will be free for the caller, and if called want to transfer the call everywhere, it has to pay for the transfer.

It is more easier to use another type of number, premium charging or split charging, and surcharge your call.

Anyway, I suggest to stay away for this kind of things. Probably calling to the credit card company can adjust everything.

Bye, Rodolfo.

Maiesm72 wrote:

Reply to
Rodolfo