Re: The most attractive modeling subjects

Dr1 DVII P-51s SBDs F4Us F-86s F-100, aw, what the heck, the whole century series :-)

Roadsters, all styles Fatbobs Shoe boxes

60-70s muscle cars
Reply to
Charles Ryan

C-130 HERCULES F-16 But only fully loaded HARRIER (All marks) HAWKER HUNTER TORNADO GR.1 MERLIN (RAF & RN) F-111F

ASTON MARTIN VANQUISH LAND ROVERS (ALL TYPES) FORD GRAN TORINO (STARSKY AND HUTCH TYPE) MG METRO 6R4 LOTUS SUNBEAM VAUXHALL CHEVETTE HSR FORD ESCORT MK1+2 RALLY CARS

CHALLENGER 2 WARRIOR TPz 1 FUSCHS A4 SAXON LEOPARD 2 A5KWS CHIEFTAIN

HMS ARK ROYAL WW2 HMS ARK ROYAL MODERN TICONDEROGA CLASS CRUISER USS NEW JERSEY TITANIC

Reply to
<daxx34j

in article bj4b1d$t28$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com, snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com at snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote on 3/9/03 10:07 am:

Nich chopper but the bloody things seem to hang about like flys on s**t round here.

Great call ,got two 1/1 scail sitting out side (56 Srs1 109, 65 Srs11ex army SWB Gs)

Buggers to work on ,had to send the first batch our squadron got back as the bulk heads were warped.

Reply to
Rory Manton

Keeping it to the 'attractive' list: F-104, F-86, F-84 (straight wings), Hunter, F-15, P-51, He 112B, Draken. Any '50s finned Mopar.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Rory HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA snerk, laff, choke, gurgle ......

You poor prawn.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Rory Manton <

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Do you have trouble gtting all those little bitty legs on? I hate building the things...

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Hmm,

Mr Hawker's piston engined fighters Mr deHavilland's scaryplanes (esp the DH 88 - seriously nice) Griffon Spits EE Lightnings F-104s Most stuff that's worn Tiger stripes (yes, even Eff-16s, Tornados and those other bloody grey things!) BAC Hawks (don't know why!) Russian helos

AC Cobras ANYTHING by Dr Ferry (Porsche)

32 Fords (rodded)

Volvo trucks (No jokes, pls)

Some armour - unusual stuff Chieftain (Brit - first model I ever got was a wind up one of these - loved it ever since!) Weisel (W Germ) AMX tanks (French - different) Engineer vehicles

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Airplanes :

OS2u3 Kingfisher Sea Hurricane A4 Skyhawk ( humps) F2H B Val Banshee

Ships :

USS Arizona HMS Royal Oak HMS Hood Akagi

Models :-)))) :

Eva Herzigova Natalie Imbruglia

Best regards, MarioG

Reply to
MarioG

The Century Series ,especially the Convair Deltas Hueys, all flavors(sentimental favorites) M48A3 M24 Any Deuce and a half M38 A 1 Jeep B29 Superfortress B58 Hustler B24 H-M Liberator FM2 Wildcat F84 E/F/G F8 Crusader F9F Panther MH 60 Blackhawks(Yeah big and Ugly) F4 U 4/5/AU 1 M 113 M8/M20 M18

Spit VIII Spit XIV Beaufighter VI Centurion III/V

Reply to
dave

Well I do happen to like the big brutes, so bring on the P-47 Thunderbolt, The F-6F Hellcat, Thypoon and if a smaller one has to be in there, then a late Griffon engined Spitfire/Seafire

Claus

"MarioG" skrev i en meddelelse news:bj7ubk$6un$ snipped-for-privacy@ls219.htnet.hr...

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Do you happen to have built the Hasegawa XJS? I'm trying to complete the TWR variant now. It's a great kit, but a nightmare (or "engineering challenge") to build. Right now I'm trying to glue the body to the chassis, but forward of the windshield the two don't touch :-(

Reply to
Harro de Jong

Sorry, Harro, never had that one. I was thinking along the lines of it being attractive but between Hasegawa's and Revell's old one it doesn't sound like there is a good, buildable kit.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

In terms of detailing, the Hasegawa is very nice. IMO, it's close to being an accurate model (the only error I've found is the rear light clusters, which have some raised details that should be recessed). I've had some bad luck with it (the floorpan warped, my first attempt at painting the body ended in disaster), which added to the problems I've had building it. Fitting the body to the floorpan is the biggest problem that's really due to the kit. Maybe I'll just not glue the body. Makes the model trickier to pick up, but that wouldn't be a first...

Reply to
Harro de Jong