removing my paw prints from chrome

Well during the great October blizzard of 2006 (we got over 2 feet), I spent all day friday at the bench building one of the new Revell 1/6 Plymouth Hemi Dragster engines. It's just about done but I did manage to get a lot of greasey fingerprings on the chrome. I tried just a soft cloth but it just seemed to smear. Anyone have a good solution for cleaning up the chrome without doing damage?

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Isopropynol alcohol or methylated spirit . Windex maybe or just palian old dish soap and water.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Lucky you! When the storm hit on Friday the 13th, we were without electrical power for a week. And because of water in the basement, we lost gas for about five days. The only time I went into the garage (where my workbench is) was to get firewood.

That one sucked!

Reply to
The Old Man

=== Try using Pledge (plain - not the lemon scented one) dusting cleaner. I used Pledge on my A/C canopies for that purpose and to avoid the cloud when using c/a glue.

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman