Painting over chrome?

Greetings. I've a Tamiya 1/48 F-84 that I bought awhile back, not
realizing that it's the chrome-plated version. How should I approach
priming/painting this thing? I use strictly acrylics; can't use
anything else. Thanks very much.
peace, david
Reply to
David Young
I regularly paint OVER chrome without removing it. I use either Kryon prime, or auto body primer- something with a bit of a tooth. I check for adhesion after priming by pressing down and removing masking tape. If it takes the tape pulloff okay, I continue with my regular painting.
Reply to
Don Stauffer

Site Timeline