Restoring old decals

Hey guys - I know this has been covered before, but i've forgotten the answer. I'm currently solar-bleaching a set of decals in a window, stored in a Zip-Loc and taped up. The decals aren't too bad, the varnish is yellowed, but I've seen worse. Generally speaking, about how long in bright sunshine should the decals sit before their ready? Or is the answer "until the're done" the only answer? It's been a couple of days and there doesn't seem to have been much change. Thanks for your help.

- John

Reply to
Old Timer

Until they're done is probably the answer you'll hear most often.

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Can Future be used for this purpose?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

"Old Timer" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

forgotten the

stored in a

varnish is

should the decals

been much

I haven't had a lot of luck with this myself. I've tried it a few times with no joy. Had a Hase 1/32 Spit with yellowed decals. Seemed to have left them outside forever and nothing. Been a while, though.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Hi John,

I've just sun-bleached a set of decals from a Revell 1/32 Tornado ADV, I popped them in a polythene bag on the rear parcel shelf of my car, parked it where it would get the sun for the best part of the day and they were done in a couple of days.

It is Summer here in South Wales (reputedly) and the 2 days they were out were really good sunny days.

However I haven't tried them yet, so I may well invest in some Micro Liquid Decal Film before I do just in case.

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips