Restoring panel lines

I'm talking about the link next to the picture of the JLC razorblade saw holder

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

i bought one on bromfield st in boston from a jewelers supply house. it was a ste of the 2 piece handle and 11 wire blades. the thinnest is about a human hair's width. it cuts flaps and canopies well. it's slow, you have to keep lined up, but good. i've never seen razor saws that thin, they would be great.

Reply to
someone

in article 6WHZc.614862$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain at snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote on 9/2/04 11:32 AM:

Don't know if it has been mentioned but for rescribing I like the PE saws. All very thin and they come in a multitude of shapes.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Why would anyone want to bother re-sharpening a straight pin?

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

They get dull ?

Seriously, mine seem to get dull after some use. And I can sharpen them to a very fine point. Scribing tools (at least mine again) definitely get dull after some use.

I'm honestly not kidding here, and I just like really sharp tools. Sharp knives, scribers, and my favorite, the 4 legged sharp things that prowl all over our property (Borzoi :)

Reply to
AM

*That's* what I want! Who's your source?

TIA

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

HLJ also sells the trimaster tools ... Look for HSGTP-3 & HSGTP-4

John McGrail

Airwaves also made a nice set a while back.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

For years now, it has been hard to find fine sharpening stones of any type. Why is that? Is it a lost art? Not enough demand? Not profitable?

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

Try a woodworking supply place.

Reply to
Ron

My Grandfather was an unregenerate straight razor user and he got me a wonderful stone many years ago. I don't know if a barbers supply place would be a good place to look, but it can't hurt to try.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I see plenty of devices at guns shows, camping shows, etc. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper