Rommel's Rod is coming back!

The thing about is that you can actually picture the Germans building a
half-track limo:
you saw that in a book of German military vehicles, and it would look
right at home.
Should have a couple of Kettenkrads as a escort, and The Ark Of The
Covenant being towed behind it on a trailer. ;-)
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
:>The thing about is that you can actually picture the Germans building a :>half-track limo:
you saw that in a book of German military vehicles, and it would look :>right at home. : : why do i smell a big price? : Because they command big prices on ebay? I really wanted one of these a few years ago, but then I really looked at the one on display at a (now defunct) lhs - what a piece of garbage!
Monogram went really cheap on this kit. I wonder what took them so long to decide to reissue it?
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden
Reportedly the moulds were missing. I'm guessing that Moebius has reverse engineered the kit from a build-up since 'everybody' has wanted one for years.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
As an "everybody wants one" kit,whats the betting odds that sales tank?
ote:
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Bruce
Burden =A0 =A0Austin, TX.
Reply to
eyeball
It's not a re-release; Mobius is the descendant of Polar Lights models, and they are reworking the original kit. Monogram's odd cars were to be looked on more as toys than models...the company could turn them out fairly fast and cheaply, and they sold very well to the same audience that bought "Rat Fink" models.
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
i wrote to mobius about price and they said in the $30 range. i basically suggested the $100 kits don't fly.
Reply to
someone
: : It's not a re-release; Mobius is the descendant of Polar Lights models, : and they are reworking the original kit. : Oh, well. That is a different kettle of fish. Perhaps it would be worth getting one of these, then.
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden
The thing about is that you can actually picture the Germans building a half-track limo:
you saw that in a book of German military vehicles, and it would look right at home. Should have a couple of Kettenkrads as a escort, and The Ark Of The Covenant being towed behind it on a trailer. ;-)
I have been waiting for that to come back out for a Long Time now. They've been talking about it for a while. Yeah making a little trailer to be towed behind it would really finish it off I think. It needs just a little bit more. Yeah a little trailer that is just Filled with Beer Kegs or piled up with Cases of wine. That would look Soooooo Very KewL pulling something.
I'm waiting to get one myself when I can
,,
Reply to
cyberborg 4000
I think they should add all the birthday gifts Rommel had bought for his wife instead of being on the coast looking for the impending invasion....
Craig
Reply to
crw59

Site Timeline