rufus

finally gor the king kong klutch installed on the pretty sr. so i have 4 running bikes.....which will break first? gotta go test drive...

Such optimism...

You've got me beat by two wheel now - I'm assuming they each have a particular sort of roadway they're built for? Gotta love the hobbies!

Reply to
Rufus

Just make sure it's the bike you break and not the rider!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

i have a rice rocket, 60's style, two singles for hi speed twisty roads and a long distane tourer. the chopper needs work.....

no! i heal but parts are expensive.

You da man. I got two of a kind, and dreams of a chopper...funny thing about choppers, the more time you take thinking about them, the more of them you can think of to build. I'm in the thoes of replacing nuts and bolts right now - little chrome for now...I seem to be saving up for something, but I'm not really sure what...

I've got a "dream" Springer in my head to put together - I'm sort of looking for a wrecked Softail Standard to get the project going.

Reply to
Rufus

go old school. what would be really cool would be to revive the "lace" paint tanks. 'member those? get a hardtail and a shifter knuckle and go nuts....about the same cabbage as a wrecker, 8-9k.

There is this thing called pain, man! You definitely have some priority issues.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

and pain is just my way of getting high

-john lincoln wright

issues and tissues, don't be so bitchy

-one of the gabor sisters

Actually, I've been angling for a free one in that stripe - I have a cousin that has a '59 Knucklehead in his basement in Illinois. Last time I saw it running was when I was in high school. Been needling him to give it to me and let me restore it.

Reply to
Rufus

Skydiver's creedo - "pain is temporary, glory is forever, bones heal, chicks dig scars"...

Reply to
Rufus

i got a gun and compressor.

I'm gonna have to make sure I get nito his basment and look under the blankets when I go home for Thanksgiving this year.

Reply to
Rufus

if you come across a cl77 motor...

The only other hardware I might find is his brother's supercharged Honda

750...he used to drag race that thing. Don't know what ever happened to it.
Reply to
Rufus

if he wants it hauled away... i could make a very cool chopper out of that.

It was cool, alright. He turbocharged it himself...had a set of 6 foot long wheelie casters he used to bolt onto it when he took it to the strip. The thing was a monster. He also has a '68 Shelby K500 Mustang that he bought when he got out of the USMC in San Diego in '68. Paid $2K for it as the original owner...he's been offeredd as high as $86K for it last I heard.

I'm gonna concentrate on the Knucklehead...

Reply to
Rufus

find out what he wants for the honda...if he has it. i would old school it.

It was his brother's bike...Stan has the Knuckle, his brother Harold had the Honda, and I think it's long gone.

Reply to
Rufus

i'm sure..i was day dreaming. i need a 305 motor for my chopper. or the parts to rebuild the top end. maybe just pistons and rings, the first over size should work. and a cam chain, of course.