rufus

won't you news browser combine parts? check the help file for the section that is about combining multi part messages. wait, fork it, i'll email them to you.

Got 'em. Mailed you back off-group...

If Netscape will combine, I haven't figured out how yet...I'll look into it.

Still hacking at the U-boat. Just about got the starboard side floods opened. I'm gonna be ready to start gluin' and paintin' if I don't slow down some...wait...there's photo-etch...and wire parts to make.

Reply to
Rufus

how's about some wip photos for us?

Yes - first set I want to take is holes opened vs stock. Since I have both Type VII kits, I'm holding on until I get the entire hull done.

Should have some initial pics up in a couple days - I'm working on the hardest ones now - the gratings in the lower fore and aft casings; behind the diving planes and prop shafts. I'm about 90% done with both hull sides now - man, does opening up those holes makes the thing look more like a U-boat and less like a model. Gotta start studying the etched parts...

And I want to open up the decking, too...and it's about time for some scratch building to begin - plan to start with the outer torp-tube doors...then I can paint the interior works and join the hull halves.

Reply to
Rufus

yeah, pictures would be great. i want to do mine someday and i am saving every tip and trick i can find. your work is amazing, so i will pay attention to the methodology and any tips you share with us. you all healthy now? started the hotrod and red sr's yesterday. the tricklers and stabile are working bot started first kick. love them thumpers!

Thanks. I'm planning a construction series of shots and naratives as I build it. I'm going to have to learn a few new weathering techniques to get what I want done on the painting. Spent last night studying the RAL color system...took some guesswork to match to some FS colors, but I think I'll get something reasonably close.

I got a wild hair and went to the Easyriders bike show in Pomona today...found out a few more of my limits. Took the Vette, but hit the wall walking around and being on my feet for 4+ hours. My back is killing me, and my legs seem to be aching more every day.

At least both of my bikes are running - I'm a bit wobbly on them standing still, though. Due to lack of muscle tone in my legs. I really need to get to the gym and do some weights to get back in shape...gotta make a short trip back to Chi-town soon, though.

Reply to
Rufus

wish you had called. i could have pushed you around in a wheel chair. seriously, good show? i know the nack and leg thing. that's my daily life. the vertebra have just crumbled to dust. thanks, mom! lmk if you need an walk buddy.

I was sitting at breakfast and just got a wild hair...that seems to be the mode of the day, these days. RT 15N is all messed up and I ened up having to take the 210 over to the 5 to get home. Made for a long day, but it was about time for an out-of-town.

Planning on working the U-boat today.

Reply to
Rufus

well, when you can, share the hair. i can find a place to meet up. but i'm glad you had fun.

Work continues on the Type VIIC - still working on some flood gratings, but have all the oval holes opened on both sides.

Started building those torp-tube outer doors. Cut the circular hatches out using a compass point in a pin vise and a metric circle template...7mm is the size, if anyone is interested. May get the fwd doors done tonight. Gotta start planning my pics.

Reply to
Rufus

you know we want pictures, tease.

Yup...I'm planing a flood...of flood holes..;)

Reply to
Rufus

shave them. i like the nude look.

Was all ready to starrt shooting pix last night and couldn't find my tripod...I think it's in one of my gig bags, up at my drummer's house. gotta run by there tonight.

Reply to
Rufus

we are standing by.

I've gone berserk...there were some of the holes I hadn't planed on opening up...but that plan went out the window tonight. I've got all but the ones around fwd torpedo tubes opened now on the port side hull.

Which means I have to do the ones on the starboard side now...don't know what to do about the ones around the tubes...but I've got an idea...

Reply to
Rufus