Safe model storage/transport schemes

Hi all,

I have a great vast herd of models still in their boxes waiting to be built (I suspect my nephew will inheirit one hell of a collection someday).

Anyway, once a model is built, any reliable, affordable, portable, means of storing/transporting built models you can recommend? Also, any sites/books/other with samples of such things?

I appreciate any and all help.

Reply to
SamVanga

I was talking with a gent at Toledo who had a collection of racing planes. He had a box with foam sides (about 3" thick) with vertical cuts; where the wings go. He was then able to store and transport the models in a vertical attitude. Adaptable to any size or number. If my description doesn't give you a visual, let me know and I'll post a drawing. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Several years ago I moved over 50 completed plastic models in letter/legal sized record storage boxes (the kind you get at Costco or Office Depot) filled with shredded paper from a normal paper shrewder. Alternating layers of paper and models, I got about 10 - 15 models per box (1:72 mostly). Key seems to have been leaving a little space at the top of the box so the lid didn't compress anything. Worked for me - your mileage may vary.

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

I have 50 plus at the moment in plastic storage boxes (55 litre size) using poltstyrene "chips" (half round things) that have survived 3 house moves. Layer of chips, layer of planes, etc etc TSR2

Reply to
TSR2