Saving Pvt. Ryan tanks

A buddy asked me the following question, and I did not know the answer. Near the end, on the bridge, are some tanks - what are they? The top looks like Tiger type, but the tracks and drive are not correct.

Reply to
Andrew M

It was a "kit-bashing" (though, pretty good, in my opinion). The lower hull, suspension, drive-train, etc was a T-34. The upper hull, and most of the rest of the exterior, was built to look like a Tiger. For the most part, I feel, they did a great job.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Reply to
old hoodoo

You are quite correct. It's at the Bovington tank museum and it is in running order. It's a bit battered on the rear exhausts, but it is the real deal.

Spudgun

Reply to
Spudgun

You can read all about the Bovington Tiger here

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather