Set of Framburg WWII British Ship Identification Models

I have a set of approximately 16 to 20 cast metal WWII British Ship models, manufactured by Framburg in Chicago, Ill circa 1943. They are in the original plywood US Navy case (attache case size) and are mounted on wooden bases which slide into slots in the case, with printed identification of the name of each ship, etc. I see these models for sale individually on Ebay at about $20 each, depending on the ship, and was wondering what a full set in the original US Navy box would be worth. Any help is appreciated.

Mutt.

Reply to
Mutt

Mutt:

You might also want to post what scale these models are. They originally came in both 1/1200 (cast metal only) and 1/500 scale (cast metal with wood hulls). From your description I would assume they are

1/1200 but any one bidding on them needs to be sure.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Sorry, I should have mentioned that; they are the 1/1200 size, all cast metal, intended as recognition models for training purposes, and I presume, actual use by spotters on board ship. They were not made as toys and the manufacture date (and I think contract # as well, but I'll have to check) is stated on a placard on the case. Thanks again.

Mutt

Reply to
Mutt