Shep Paine Diorama Sheets and Monogram

I was viewing a page that had all the old armor "How to Build Dioramas" inserts. Unfortunately there were none of the non armor inserts shown. Sure had fun viewing them and was wondering if anyone knew of any pages that had them to view as far as the airplanes and others?

Would love to see the P61 Blackwidow and Wright Flyer sheets again, well the others too.

Reply to
Rhino

As important those sheets were to many of us as they opened up a whole new aspect of the hobby , I am surprised that no one has not made them part of a website somewhere, unless Shep/Monogram won't allow that...

I was around 14 when I remember those sheets showing up in their kits...and you could even order their tank models thru the mail from Monogram for $5 each! I miss 1973...

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I have scans of the F-15 but that's all.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

B-29 and C-47 also

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

Reply to
Dave Calhoun

I have the B-17, B-29 and C-47 sheets from my youth, and am so happy that I held onto them. Considering the era he did his work, Shep's work is truly inspiring.

Reply to
Pauli G

Aw heck, fellas! I don't know what you're talking about! Are there pics on the web anywhere?

I know the name Shep Paine -- a legendary name in modelling, and I've never been able to locate a copy of any of his books. But I dunno what you mean by these diorama sheets. I'd love to find out.

?

John

Reply to
John

Monogram included a four page color fold out (b&w apparently too, but I never saw those) with some of their kits back in the 70s-80s. Each featured a diorama constructed by Shep Paine of the very same Monogram kit that came with the foldout. I have the B-29 one in front of me as we speak. It features Shep's build of the kit into a scene featuring the "Enola Gay" in the early morning hours prior to embarking on its historic mission to force the Japanese into saying "no mas".

Other ones I recall/have:

B-24 Liberator - built up as a lead ship used to form up the squadrons after take-off C-47 - built up as a D-Day troop transport surrounded by para figures from the kit and featuring scratch built drop cannisters under the belly of the Gooney.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I have almost all of these sheets including the BW ones. I have an F-16 on takeoff, F-15 Eagle on the Tarmac, DO arrow, Devastator Down, BW's of the Weasel in the water, Jeep, Cargo Truck, Patton tank, both versions of the halftrack and all of the 1/48th scale Aircraft (B-17, C-47, Widow in the desert, B-24 both versions [ painted plane on Tarmac as well as the Lady Be Good], B29 Enola Gay, as well as the Armor series in color ( Panzer IV, Brumbar, Sturmpanzer, Wirbelwind, Sturmgeshuetz, Sherman with hedgerows, Sherman Calliope (with the yellow snow), bothe Bristish tanks too. Have the original kits too. Yeah, I miss the 70's too.

Ron

"Old Soldiers Never Die, Your Mother Just Threw Them Away"

Reply to
Ron

Any chance of talking you into scanning and posting or emailing them? I have a few but seem to be missing far more. Just to see and read them would be cool, they usually had lots of ideas and tips.

Zack

Reply to
Zack

Reply to
Richard Simerson

i'm surprised no one's done a book yet.

Well...Shep has, in a sort-of-kinda-way. His Kalmbach books are from the same era, using the same ideas and techniques...even if the exact subject matter was different.

Also, it could be that the original plates for these inserts have become lost over time....stranger things have happened.

Reply to
Greg Heilers