"Skyblasters" F-86

I saw a neat photo in an Aviation Week from a couple of years ago. It was an F-86 decorated with red, white and blue, AF stars and U S A AIR FORCE on the side. It also had a big logo in fancy font that appears to read Skyblasters or something close to that.

It would be a neat plane to model, but I'd like to find more about it. I don't recall ever hearing of an aerobatic team called "Skyblasters", but I am sure I have not heard of half of the aero teams. The caption says the plane is piloted by a retired Navy aviator, and the picture would have been taken in 2003, both of which lead to the conclusion that it is a privately owned warbird. So the Skyblasters logo could be a sponsor- a google search turns up a number of commercial products with the name Skyblaster.

Anyway, does anyone know anything about Skyblasters and an F-86?

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

That's high time F-14 pilot Dale Snodgrass.The team was known as the Skyblazers.I saw him at a show a few years ago.Nice display.

eyeball

display.http://www.aero-pix.com/warbirds/f86page.htmhttp://www.sandcastlevi.com/air/tbirds1.htm Looking again I don't think that 2nd one was the best link for info.In brief,they were a European based team in the 50s.The current display is privately owned as you surmised.Scale Aviation Modeller International Oct 2000 has a short article and profiles showing their F-100s.

Reply to
eyeball

Reply to
Ron Smith