Predator Tank (Warhammer 40K)

I just got a great deal on a Predator Tank from Warhammer 40K. I put the little guy together tonight and posted it to the binaries group. It is a fun little lit, with plastic and white metal parts.

I dressed it up good... drilled out th egun barrels, put the antannas on and just about every doodad that came with it. I plan on adding a tow cable and maybe some tow-points as well, as the thing lacks them . I have plenty of that kind of thing in the spares box. Cammo netting and a tarp would also add to it...

I also got a Whirlwind, which is a multiple rocket launcher artillery piece on the same chassis, which should also offer some oppotunities. The pieces are a little rough and the fit needed a little work, giving me an opportunity to simulate some welding seams on the track enclosures. I plan on making it battle scarred and nasty, with lots of mud and stuff. The paint scheme will be an urban type of camouflage. I also need some Space Wolf decals, if anyone know where to get them and I plan on putting a figure in the turret as well.

No, they are not realistic, but they sure are fun!!

Lance

Reply to
Bluepen

You did? That's an antique, I thought it would be commanding premium prices from collectors by now... I put

Nice shots. It can be built as you did, but the front and back are interchangeable on that old kit, and I'd probably have used them the other way round.

IIRC, the replacement is all plastic.

A "Cities of Death" job? I also need some Space Wolf decals, if anyone know where

Games Workshop do mail order, Check the online store for "Transfers" (UK terminology!), the Space Wolves sheet is Part Code 99510101103 - a mere =A31.25

Agreed, I put a Basilisk SPG together for a friend last year, and then scratchbuilt an armoured enclosure for the gun. I know forgeworld does an aftermarket resin to do that, but my friend has one mortgage already... I'd post some shots, but I can only do so to the SBXmodelshop server (it's the only place I can read from too!) and previous efforts haven't propogate beyond it.

Cheers,

Reply to
Moramarth

I was wondering about that... but it looks cool as it is. I paid only $36 for the two together... less than retail for one plastic one. Note that most ov the new plastic modern AFV kits are $35-40 and are much more detailed and sophistocated. The retail price is definitely higher than it should be.

I checked and you can "build your own" by purchasing parts. I am considering building a couple of customized tanks or assault guns. Tanks are my thing... These are just fun to assemble and customize.

Lance

Reply to
Bluepen

Well this message made it out. Welcome back!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Thanks. Sadly, I got here via Google Groups, and they don't do the binary groups. So while I can now participate in the text groups, I still can't post pix... :( (Not without buying in a news service, that is, which isn't on at the moment.)

Cheers

Reply to
Moramarth

Have a look at their "Forgeworld" resin stuff (especially the "Death Korps of Kreig") - first you'll drool, then (when you see the prices) faint...

But overpriced as all GW stuff is, the individual sprues (frames) cost proportionately even more. If you want to go down that route, check out Battlewagon Bitz

they part out GW stuff. I haven't used them myself, but I understand while they no longer can do this online (GW legal had a chat with them, it is said) I think you can download a catalogue and then mail order just the components you want.

Agreed. If I get the time, I want to build some stuff for an Ork "Speed Freak" force before they get some "official" vehicles - It's one force for which GW tolerate scratch-built models incorporating other manufacturers parts in their competitions - they even turn up in the pages of "White Dwarf". I don't game much, and as gaming models spend most of their lives on shelves (or in boxes), I tend to go for forces where I can enjoy the modelling, rather than their effectiveness in games. >

Cheers,

Moramarth

Reply to
Moramarth