F-86

Hi, I've been looking for a larger plastic model for my Father-In-Law. We was crew chief in Korea on a F-86 Saber. I was hoping for something larger then the 1:32 Kinetic that I've found. Anyone make one? I don't know how his 70+ year old hands will handle the 1/32 size, so I was looking for something a little bigger.

TIA for any help / ideas!!

esbaylus (at) gmail.com

Reply to
esbaylus

does it have to be a model? there are 1/18 prebuilt kits (Just snap on the wings, etc) available. I have lots of them hanging in the garage. There is a 1/18 Sabre available. He could do some detailing on the kit and not worry about building the entire thing from scratch.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I thought it would: 1) give him something to do, since he's retired recently - he's driving his wife nuts! 2) have something for my oldest ( 8 year old - proficient builder ) to HELP him with 3) other things that I can't think of since I've only had 1 cup of coffee!

I'll keep the idea of 'pre-built" in mind, though!

Thanks for the input!

Gene

Reply to
esbaylus

I snuck some (cell phone) poor quality pics of the photos on his office wall - just trying to see which F-86 it is. The group photo has him in it, as crew chief, so that's the varient I'm looking for...

Links:

Thanks again!

Gene

Reply to
esbaylus

on a side note Trumpeter makes a 1/32 Mig that has very few parts and is an easy build. build the plane he helped shoot down! :-)

Craig

I shop on this website all the time. they have a deal now that if you enter the code 5951V you will get free shipping on orders over $50.00 which is real easy to do these days with this hobby.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Reply to
eyeball

I'd the D I was looking for - I think he trained on the T-33 - Crew chief sometimes got a chance to fly - so I think that's HIM in the seat their, but he Chief'd on the D - again THANKS!!

Gene

Reply to
esbaylus

On a side note - your handle 'eyeball' - it's funny, but I'm an optometrist!

Gene

Reply to
esbaylus

Well, these guys make a REALLY BIG 1/18th scale Sabre

- but 1/32nd is really quite big.

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

If you want a finished one, there's a 1/18th scale F-86:

can get a MiG-15 also.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Rocket armed F-86D version...known as the "Sabre Dog". Did they even make one of those in 1/32 scale? The biggest I've seen is

1/48th.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

ID Models once made a VAC form conversin for the Hasegawa F-86-F 40(?). The Hasegawa and Kinetic kits both portray the longwing versions and not the shorter wing suitable for a D (or K with the same look.)

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen