Italeri 1/72 Do-217 J1/J2 Nachtjaeger

Hi all, trying to up the number of non-noise posts in newsgroups

I bought the Italeri 1/72 scale Do-217 J1/J2 Nachtjäger (Kit No. 1266) a few days ago here in Tokyo, for 1680 JPY, which is pretty good.

However, when I opened up the kit, I was very surprised and somewhat disappointed to see that the kit has mostly raised panel detail, with only the bomb bay area engraved. Wow! So it is not a new Italeri kit (as I had thought, naively), and as I found out by searching the web and discovering an in-box Hyperscale review. The history is also entirely non-existent unlike what I have come to expect even from European releases in recent times. I too wish that Italeri would update these kits, as the aircraft itself is attractive and the history is interesting.

For comparison the Hasegawa 1/72 scale Ju 88C-6 cost me 2850 JPY and is a fantastic kit in all respects.

Now to find time to build all the plastic "stuff" :-)

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Ah yes, the only Dornier kit I didn't get built. Once I had quite a few of them. IIRC, the Italeri Do 217K had raised line detail also.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller