Best 1/72 A-10 for KC's 987?

Any thoughts on which 1/72 A-10 kit is the best starting point for either of the ac on the Two Bob's 72-013 "KC" and the Ragin' Cajuns' decals.

I've got most of the weapons and pods but the loadouts for 987 call for HE rockets and WP rockets on stations 2 and 10. Any thoughts on where to find these as well?

I'm mostly an armor guy, but winning the TwoBob's decals at Granitecon today has me thinking I'd like to do one up.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
KLND

You really can't go wrong with the Italeri kit in 72nd. It's by far the most accurate.

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Don't forget that there are _two_ A-10 kits in 1/72 scale by Italeri. The second of the OA-10A is a rebox of the A-10. Whilst the airframe is accurate enough, I would recommend that you use aftermarket weapons, such as from the Hasegawa weapons sets. They look better.

Trevor.

Reply to
87015

So essentialy the same kit? Just a 10.00 difference

Reply to
Rich

LHA snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (87015) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Whatabout the Academy kit? I know it's a recessed panel version of the Hase. How's it for accuracy?

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost
[A-10A Thunderbolt stuff snipped]

I'm not sure but from the box art and photos, the Academy kit is more rep' of an A-10A in european one greens, and doesn't come with all the lumps and bumps that the Italeri OA-10A comes with. The Academy A-10 in 1/72 though does have the smallest overall box size when you buy it and is the least expensive A-10 kit in this scale I have seen.

Trevor

Reply to
87015