Tamiya 1/48 A-10 is sweet!

I just recieved in the mail today the aforementioned kit from Hobbylinc.com,
and I must say, I was impressed. I haven't started to work on it, but it
*looks* beautiful. After being disgusted by the Zhengdefu kit, I've been
looking for a quality A-10 kit. When I found out that Tamiya made one, I
anticipated the same quality I've begun to expect from Tamiya (this is only
my third kit of the brand, and the first two were cars), and got it right
away. I apologize if this sounds like rambling, but it's always refreshing
and exciting to get a kit that's worht the money after dealing with the
cheap stuff...
- Doug -
Reply to
Doug Smith
Not to let you down on your purchase but the Monogram kit is much more detailed, accurate and cheaper then the Tamiya kit. Both require some work. Cheers Dave
Hobbylinc.com,
Reply to
Dave and Kim
yes and isnt the Tamiya a prototype?
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
It was partially updated years ago, but still has some early features like the ESCAPAC seat There would still be some work remaining to make it represent an accurate production A-10. Also, the kit still has decals for the pit and those poor weapons.
Dave
Reply to
Dave Williams
What year was the monogram kit produced?
Reply to
Chris
I have two boxings of this kit and neither was the first release. They are 1995 and 1998 respectively. I would guess it was made very late eighties or very early nineties.
Cheers, Max Bryant
Reply to
M Bryant