Tamiya 1/48 A-10 is sweet!

I just recieved in the mail today the aforementioned kit from Hobbylinc.com, and I must say, I was impressed. I haven't started to work on it, but it

*looks* beautiful. After being disgusted by the Zhengdefu kit, I've been looking for a quality A-10 kit. When I found out that Tamiya made one, I anticipated the same quality I've begun to expect from Tamiya (this is only my third kit of the brand, and the first two were cars), and got it right away. I apologize if this sounds like rambling, but it's always refreshing and exciting to get a kit that's worht the money after dealing with the cheap stuff...

- Doug -

Reply to
Doug Smith

Hobbylinc.com,

Reply to
Dave and Kim

yes and isnt the Tamiya a prototype?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

It was partially updated years ago, but still has some early features like the ESCAPAC seat There would still be some work remaining to make it represent an accurate production A-10. Also, the kit still has decals for the pit and those poor weapons.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

What year was the monogram kit produced?

Reply to
Chris

I have two boxings of this kit and neither was the first release. They are

1995 and 1998 respectively. I would guess it was made very late eighties or very early nineties.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
M Bryant