New Hasegawa 1/48 P-40

I went to Hannants today to replenish my stash, which was getting a tad depleted. That's my aircraft stash BTW. My model railway stash is *huge* and won't require replenishment for a couple of years at least!

Anyway... I bought one of the new Hasegawa 1/48 P-40E kits. I must say that I've very impressed with it. After hearing a couple of negative comments about the cockpit, I was wondering whether I should invest in a resin cockpit set. Well, in the end I didn't and I'm glad! I will replace the seat with an Ultracast one, but that's only really because I have one available. Otherwise I see little point in gilding the lily.

I have a Desert Air Force scheme all lined up for this one, but I'm sorely tempted to build the 23FG option as shown on the box art. The whole package is a really nice kit. Looking forward to building it and I might move it up the schedule, just 'cos it looks so nice.

Well done Hasegawa!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix