Tamiya to merge with Hasegawa

A friend of mine in the business area showed me this link. I have copied the text for us modellers to look at.

Feed from

Premier toy and model manufacturer Tamiya has agreed to merge with its main rival Hasegawa Model Works. The merger will allow Tamiya to access to much larger range of mouldings that Hasegawa owns and Hasegawa will be able to access the radio control technology Tamiya has built up in the last thirty years. The 20 billion yen merger will occur on August 6 this year and will be subject to acceptance by 90% of the shareholders in the two companies. The name of the merged company will be Tamiya-Hasegawa Enterprises and will trade under the popular name Tamigawa.

Tamiya CEO Tonishka Tamiya stated "this is an important merger for the model making business, as you know the market is very mature and the room for organic growth is very limited. The combination of the two companies will allow us to dominate the model making market around the world by being its number one player and also provide the shareholders with other strategic benefits."

Hasegawa CEO Hinamaru Hasegawa agreed with Mr Tamiya and added " our combined strength will lead to world domination, something we have been dreaming about for some time."

The news of the merger added over 2000 Yen to the value of Tamiya and Hasegawa shares on the Japanese sharemarket.

Tim Brimelow

Reply to
tim brimelow

By my clock you are at lest 48 minutes to early Tim :)

Sean McF

tim brimelow wrote:

Reply to
Sean

By my clock you are at lest 48 minutes to early Tim :)

Sean McF

tim brimelow wrote:

Reply to
Sean McF

Tim, Tim, Tim

Even with the advantage of being 10 hours ahead of UTC you can't go posting new stories like this one for another caoupl of hours at least.

Unless you happen to be dialing in from NZ

Shane

Reply to
Shane Weier

august 6th? 8:15 am, perhaps? do i smell an april foolish?

My first reaction is: Oh shit........ Prices up, selection down. WRF

"Nooooooo! Stop me before I build again."

Reply to
rfranklin

4 and change here on the leftist coaster.

since we started early, I was gonna use the news flash: "Trumpeter announces that they will release a kit at a price under $100.00!"

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Yep, Tim is having us on. April 1st is an hour and 20 minutes away here in the EST zone.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

lindberg revives aircraft line!

compromise. 50/50?

I'd rather they revived their recent car line. They really did some nice stuff before switching to hoppers... :(

Reply to
Al Superczynski

My local hobby shop retailer told me some time ago that the Hasegawas/Tamiyas (and possibly others), are either inter-married, or related (not by marriage).

Is there any truth in this?

Regards

Don Watters

Reply to
Don Watters

"> Yep, Tim is having us on.

How about a real stretch "Ballard Institute to Search the Ocean and Lake Floors for the Lost Molds of Revell and Aurora" "Kits to be re-released to coincide with the History Channel Special"

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Amen. I've never seen a promising company shoot itself down in flames so fast. Just about the time that the old name started to glisten once again the management went out and threw mud on it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I'd watch it. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Tim, the world domination phrase was just a bit too much of a hint.....but a nice touch nonetheless.

Reply to
old hoodoo

Same sex marriage.

Reply to
old hoodoo

Flying cars?

Reply to
Shawn Wilson

oh no, the 64 1/2 mustangs are coming in to strafe!