Tamiya to merge with Hasegawa

A friend of mine in the business area showed me this link. I have copied
the text for us modellers to look at.
Feed from

Premier toy and model manufacturer Tamiya has agreed to merge with its main
rival Hasegawa Model Works. The merger will allow Tamiya to access to much
larger range of mouldings that Hasegawa owns and Hasegawa will be able to
access the radio control technology Tamiya has built up in the last thirty
years. The 20 billion yen merger will occur on August 6 this year and will
be subject to acceptance by 90% of the shareholders in the two companies.
The name of the merged company will be Tamiya-Hasegawa Enterprises and will
trade under the popular name Tamigawa.
Tamiya CEO Tonishka Tamiya stated "this is an important merger for the model
making business, as you know the market is very mature and the room for
organic growth is very limited. The combination of the two companies will
allow us to dominate the model making market around the world by being its
number one player and also provide the shareholders with other strategic
benefits."
Hasegawa CEO Hinamaru Hasegawa agreed with Mr Tamiya and added " our
combined strength will lead to world domination, something we have been
dreaming about for some time."
The news of the merger added over 2000 Yen to the value of Tamiya and
Hasegawa shares on the Japanese sharemarket.
Tim Brimelow
Reply to
tim brimelow
By my clock you are at lest 48 minutes to early Tim :)
Sean McF
tim brimelow wrote:
Reply to
Sean
By my clock you are at lest 48 minutes to early Tim :)
Sean McF
tim brimelow wrote:
Reply to
Sean McF
Tim, Tim, Tim
Even with the advantage of being 10 hours ahead of UTC you can't go posting new stories like this one for another caoupl of hours at least.
Unless you happen to be dialing in from NZ
Shane
Reply to
Shane Weier
august 6th? 8:15 am, perhaps? do i smell an april foolish?
My first reaction is: Oh shit........ Prices up, selection down. WRF
"Nooooooo! Stop me before I build again."
Reply to
rfranklin
4 and change here on the leftist coaster.
since we started early, I was gonna use the news flash: "Trumpeter announces that they will release a kit at a price under $100.00!"
Craig
Reply to
crw59
Yep, Tim is having us on. April 1st is an hour and 20 minutes away here in the EST zone.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
lindberg revives aircraft line!
I'd rather they revived their recent car line. They really did some nice stuff before switching to hoppers... :(
Reply to
Al Superczynski
My local hobby shop retailer told me some time ago that the Hasegawas/Tamiyas (and possibly others), are either inter-married, or related (not by marriage).
Is there any truth in this?
Regards
Don Watters
Reply to
Don Watters
"> Yep, Tim is having us on.
How about a real stretch "Ballard Institute to Search the Ocean and Lake Floors for the Lost Molds of Revell and Aurora" "Kits to be re-released to coincide with the History Channel Special"
Val Kraut
Reply to
Val Kraut
Amen. I've never seen a promising company shoot itself down in flames so fast. Just about the time that the old name started to glisten once again the management went out and threw mud on it.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
I'd watch it. ;)
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Tim, the world domination phrase was just a bit too much of a hint.....but a nice touch nonetheless.
Reply to
old hoodoo
Same sex marriage.
Reply to
old hoodoo
Flying cars?
Reply to
Shawn Wilson
oh no, the 64 1/2 mustangs are coming in to strafe!