Any rumors on New 1/48th P-40 Kits ?

Was Wondering if Hasegawa after there P-40E, were planing a K, L, M or N

Reply to
Stang94737

Given how Hasegawa stretch their molds, I'm sure there will be other versions coming.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

I've noticed several companies are doing new P-40's in both 1/48th and 1/32 scale. What is driving the demand for these? I made the old Revellogram P-40 years ago. Except for the Flying Tigers, I can't figure out the popularity of the P-40. Would some of you die hards for this please explain it to me? Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

jerry 47 wrote: : I've noticed several companies are doing new P-40's in both 1/48th and 1/32 : scale. What is driving the demand for these? : You mean, as opposed to a kit of every werk number ever produced in Germany?

For myself, I bought the Trumpeter P-40B. It's nice to finally have a "Flying Tigers" P-40. Now, the rest of the P-40 line I really don't care about...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

My $.02 worth: It is a nice looking airplane with lots of interesting finishes and markings available, it has historical importance in several theaters, and it has distinctive differences in its various versions.

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

True, but they'll probably stop the program just short of doing the version we need. A long tailed F that isn't a conversion kit would be nice but I'll bet it never sees the light of day. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I'll take a stab at this: Perhaps because the P-40, like the F4F Wildcat, was the best we had in place and held the line until the better fighters could get off the assembly lines and into the field. Just a guess.

Reply to
Guy N. LaFrance

Maybe the P-40 wasn't the greatest fighter of the war, but it did play a rather decent role, it flew at Pearl Harbour, The Aleutian, North Africa, China, Australia and Russia. Quite a few were made.

Besides there may be some that thinks like me, and I find it a nice looking plane.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Do one yourself - I did in 1:32 scale....

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Well maybe because it was a widely used airplane.

Reply to
Bossarnold

See:

for a longtail F kit by AMTECH.

Jack G

Reply to
Jack G

Thanks but that's the conversion kit I was refering to. Amtech took the trouble to provide a more accurate nose for the Merlin engine. Decent kit, I'll probably buy one and install the new nose. My concern was for modelers who don't have my experience with razor saws, kerfs, and alignment. For this kit you can use the original fuselage. I wonder what Hasegawa has in mind? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper