Opinions on a few ESCI-ERTL 1/48th aircraft kits

Good, bad or indifferent?

F-100D MiG-23S F-16A Britsh Aero Jaguar Gr 1 MiG 27 Floffer D F-4 Phantom "Black Bunny"

Thanks,

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Hmmm.... make that Floffer a Flogger.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

--Snicker----

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I built this twenty-odd years ago. From what I remember it was very simplified and had some outline problems around the nose and canopy which were difficult to correct. I think the Monogram kit is a much better choice.

At the time it was released it was the only game in town. It represented a very early model F-16A. Detail was so sparse as to make this little more than a toy. It will take an awful lot of work to bring his one up to standard. I still have one in my Deep stash which I can say with some certainty will never get built.

I have the F-4D version of this kit in my Deep Stash and I looked at it only a couple of months ago. It seems accurately shaped. However there is very little detail and it is nowhere near the standard of the current Hasegawa kits. Nevertheless, with a lot of aftermarket resin and PE, this could be made into a decent model.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

The Jaguar is terible around the nose - far too thin.

Go for Airfix

Reply to
IanDTurner