Hasegawa 1/48 Myrt nightfighter

This new kit also turned up on my local hobby shop's shelves yesterday. It is the basic 1/48 scale kit with a twin 20mm "Schrage Music" installation behind the pilot. Kit parts include a new main clear canopy and a nice set of cast metal 20mm cannon and mountings. Decals cover a

302nd Naval Air Group bird and one from the Yokosuka naval Air Arsenal. I believe I remember a Myrrh with a single 30 mm cannon installation so we will probably get still another iteration of the Myrt night fighter in the future. I am really fascinated by how thin and clear hasegawa is getting their clear canopy parts. There won't be much need for vac-u-form canopies if this keeps up.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I noticed this a while back on their A6M2 Zero series. Quite good.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

I believe Fujimi did this version in the 1/72 rendition. Love that Myrt! Just wait till I get my Tamiya done with the clear fuselage! Don't hold your breath 8^)

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper