1/48 Aircraft Question

So yesterday I'm at a toy show and stumble into a couple boxes of built models for sale. Peeking out from the jumble are two large Polish checkerboards. Carefully disentangling the plane connected from all the others I found a Lublin R.13 ground version. It appears to be in 1/48 and I know very little about what's available. Who makes/made a 1/48 Lublin? Are there any decal sets available for them in the aftermarket? The reason I ask the latter is because whoever built it apparently used all the markings in the kit and some are definitely in the wrong places. Outside of needing a rear machine gun the build seems well assembled and painted but the markings are in error.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

never saw one of those before. they sure look like interwar birds. especially the parasol wing. do you know more about the, bill?

Reply to
someone

I have one of the 1/72nd kits for the waterborne a/c but I haven't started it as I'd like to find out what shade of grey they were painted. They were supposed to be reconnaisance/liaison a/c. Beyond that I know very little.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

none of my books even mentioned it. you have a talent for finding the unusual birds.

Reply to
someone

Sounds like this one.=20

"Mirage Hobby's 1/48 Scale Lublin R-XIIID Origins. Fast-forwarding to =

1988, around the same time as I was planning for the "Poland Invaded" = exhibit, the first in a series commemorating the 50th Anniversary period = of WWII, aboard the Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum in New York City, an = upstart Polish model company, known as Spojnia, released their first = 1/48th scale kit, the Lublin R-XIII. Friends in Poland sent me two of = the kits before they were available in the States and I was not = disappointed when I opened the box. The kit provides parts and markings = to build either a Lublin R-XIIID land version ( of which, 95 entered = service) or a Morskie Dyon Lotnicze ( Polish Naval Aviation Squadron ) = R-XIII ter/hydro floatplane, of which 20 were constructed, including the = improved R-XIIIG model. I built both versions for the exhibit... "

Curt KVPS

Reply to
Curt

[...]

That's it. And I was right about the large markings belonging under the wings. Thanks Curt!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

It sure wasn't on my list of things to look for that day but I wasn't going to let a Polish plane languish in a pile of built-ups.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

my mommy would approve. me too.