Zvezda Su-24M?

I found at my local hobby shop the new Zvezda Su-24M, unfortunately it was sealed so I couldn't take a look inside.

Does anybody know if it's the old Dragon/Italeri mold, the new Strim one or still another mold?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Yuri

Yuri,

The word on the street is that it's the Dragon/Italeri kit re-boxed.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Duffey

What decal options are there in this one as well as the Italeri kit? Looking for Iraqi, Iranian, and Syrian Fencers.

Matt Wiser

Uhm, so better the Strim kit. The strange thing about Zvezda kits is the great difference from one kit to another. Some of them are really good, others are early Airfix-like...

Reply to
Yuri

The boxart shows a Soviet/Russian plane with markings for a training unit if I'm not wrong (same as one of the options also of the Strim kit).

The Italeri/Dragon had only red stars and a couple of numbers.

For the markings you are looking for there are a couple of aftermarket decal sheets available from Hi-Decal and Cutting Edge. Hannants or Squadron websites should have a photo of the decal sheets.

My 0.02

Reply to
Yuri

It depends on where they got the mold. To my knowledge, Zvezda had no molds of their own, they re-issue other companies kits most especially Italaerie armor. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Dunno. For what I know they reissued a number of Italeri kits (and sometimes Italeri reboxed Zvezda kits), but the others should have been their mold (I think). For example both the Ka-27 and Mi-8 are good (the Mi-8 has maybe a little slim cockpit), while the MiG-29 is really bad (definitely not the Italeri mold) and the Su-25, MiG-23/27 and MiG-31 are so-so (sometimes with raised and sometimes with engraved panel lines). I don't know of anyone else using the same molds, so they should be theirs... who knows.

Reply to
Yuri

I haven't seen any of the above so apparently they are molding some of their own products. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper