Revell and Zvezda flankers?

I notice Revell has released a new Su-27 Flanker-b and Zvezda an Su-30 and Su-35 in the past few months. Anyone got a look at these yet, can offer any advice?

Ken, surely you have pounced on these already :)

David B.

Reply to
David Bowyer

Hi David,

I have updated my Flanker kits survey to include these.....

It's at :-

Essentially, the Revell kit is a re-boxing of the Hasegawa Su-27 - with all its faults but with the added bonus that it is half the price of the Hasegawa kit (at least here in the UK) - and it comes with a superb decal sheet for the Ukrainian AF demonstrator.

My take on it is that it is a good kit - typically crisp Hasegawa moulding etc - let down by a nose area that does not quite capture the Flanker look for me. The rear end is also too wide - see the web page for comparison photos.

Again, I must stress that this is just a personal opinion - and having bought the Revell kit, I am going to re-visit the subject with some new drawings to see if it is fixable.

As for the Zvezda kits - they are re-boxings of the Nakotne/Berkut kits.

Hope this helps.....

Ken

David Bowyer wrote:

Reply to
Ken Duffey

Hmm

Thanks Ken. I suspected you'd have sussed these out!

Pity.. I have the berkut Su-35 here (bought it in Moscow) and theres a lot of little things that need doing to it, as well as some big ones! Like complete replacement of the exhaust nozzles, and it is in desperate need of a replacement vac-form canopy... ive been putting that off for ages.

I think I might just go get me an airfix kit...

DB.

Ken Duffey wrote:

Reply to
David Bowyer