Monogram armour scale question

I'm trying to find out what scae the old Monogram armour was in. I know the box say's 1/32, but that isn't the whole picture. For example, the Airfix Multipose series (a favourite of mine) is supposedly 1/32 as well, but they are enormously out of scale when compare to Tamiya 1/35 figures. While I realise there is a difference between 1/32 and 1/35 the size difference is just too great to be explained by it. I've got considerable numbers of the Airfix figures, and I'm looking for something to keep them company. I could try to get my hands on the corresponding Airfix armour, but that's scarce, and the choise isn't too great to begin with. I was considering using the old Monogram kits for this purpose, as I have fond momories of those, but I'm not sure they'd be appropriate scale wise. Does anyone know how these kits compare in that respect? Does a Tamiya soldier look like a dwarf next to a Monogram one?

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

snipped-for-privacy@mail.com (Rob van Riel) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Earlier Tamiya figures were sinificantly under scale.

Airfix Lee and Grant can usually be found witout to much looking.

Reply to
Gray Ghost