HaT Industrie armour kits

I would like to try my hand at some 1/35 armour models. But firstly, I'd like to hone my weathering skills and try out a few new techniques on some

1/72 armour models. Although I fully intend to complete each model, they will be pretty much glorified paint dummies.

I have seen the HaT Industrie range which provide two snap-together kits in one box, for a similar price to a single equivalent fully detailed kit from someone like Revell or Italeri. I imagine that they are aimed primarily at wargamers/.

Does anyone have any experience with these kits? Are they ordinary hard polystyrene, or are they the soft (and almost unpaintable) polythene like the old Airfix figures?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Enzo,

I haven't built one but I've seen a few of these and they're moulded in ordinary polystyrene. They vary in quality but aren't at all bad. For the price, they would be a good basis for painting practice.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks, Gordon.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Their website says they are hard plastic:

look a lot like the old Roco minitanks as far as design goes. What I'd be concerned about is that painting and putting wear on a 1/72 scale tank is a lot different from doing it on a 1/35 scale one as far as realistic appearance goes.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery