Slightly OT - Look What the G.F. gave Me for the Holiday

I have been going with someone since August and it has been working out just Great Too. Well - I have to tell you that she Likes and understands the Whole Idea of Building Models and is really Ok with putting up with all of the Quirks and the traits which some of Us as Modelers and Collectors tend to Have at times.

I never expected to receive the types of things that she gave me for the Holiday But she handed me this Big Plastic Case with Carry Handles with Trays inside of it

Well - Packed inside there were All Sorts of Good Stuff. There was a big x-acto set with different Cutting and Carving Blades Plus a lot of extra Cutting Blades Then the Miter Box and the Saw Blades sets to go with it. There was a Boxed Set of Six different small Pliers. Then just if I need to use one there was a Great Glue Gun with a Ton of different types of Glue Sticks. And then in the Bottom was a New very Shiny Dial Caliper to top it all off

Tell Me - Just How Great is it to have a Girlfriend that Not only Knows What the Tools Are. But She can Use Them Too

And She doesn't mind the OCD type traits that some of us tend to show when other people see that we have 6 or 8 or More of the Same Kit in Our Pile and that you still need to have ''Just'' One More of that Kit She Understands and She Doesn't seem to mind at All. and she Knows just about How Many Kits that I actually really Have

I can certainly Tell Ya that this IS gonna get Real Serious ......... =A0 :) :) :)

I think that This Month she's gonna want to see just what I might want in the Way of a ''Few New Kits'' for the Blessed Kit Pile. I hope that ''a Few'' just might turn out to be a pretty Good Sized Number

Guys - I have Got to Tell Ya Something This One is a - KEEPER .... :) :) :)

Lets All have a Great New Year and Lets Keep Building Away. I'm running Lots of New Projects thru My Head right Now :)

=A0=A0=A0=A0... Carl ..........

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

on 1/2/2008 5:14 PM cyberborg 4000 said the following:

Wait until she becomes SWMBO and then get back to us. :-)

Reply to
willshak

I changed my xacto blade recently after finally realizing just how dull the old blade was. whoa, be careful when you get rid of an old friend. I was used to that old blade just bouncing off my fingers. hey, guess what the new blades do, they go right into the skin and produce prodigious amounts of blood.... Man those new blades are sharp.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I got back into this hobby a couple of years ago after a long absence. I have had little to know grief about it from my wife. I guess she would rather see me wield my xacto knife and hoist my bottle of super bonder as opposed to hoisting a shot glass or tucking dollar bills in a g-string. Just like every other hobby, modeling can get expensive but I think my wife figured out it is probably a whole lot cheaper and safer than some of the alternatives. I think your girlfriend probably understands the "value" in supporting your modeling habit (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

I got back into this hobby a couple of years ago after a long absence. I have had little to know grief about it from my wife. I guess she would rather see me wield my xacto knife and hoist my bottle of super bonder as opposed to hoisting a shot glass or tucking dollar bills in a g-string. Just like every other hobby, modeling can get expensive but I think my wife figured out it is probably a whole lot cheaper and safer than some of the alternatives. I think your girlfriend probably understands the "value" in supporting your modeling habit (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Sounds like a trap.

Eh? I know not what you speak of.

Sounds like a neat freak - dump her before it's too late.

Be very afraid.

Again, no idea why this rates a disorder. The USAAF had thousands of A-1 Skyraiders in its inventory at one time. So I have half a dozen - big deal.

So what town does this Stepford Girlfriend hail? Sister?

Ah - still thinking with the bigger of the two. All is not lot lost.

8-)D

WmB

P.S. Happy New Year

Reply to
WmB

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (cyberborg 4000) wrote

Carl,

No such thing.

RobG (The Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

you're a bitter old fart. get your membership card and free pint at the door.

Reply to
someone

On Jan 2, 9:10=A0pm, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:> In article , RobG wrote:> > snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (cyberborg 4000) wrote> > >> This One is a - KEEPER .... :) :) :)> > >Carl,> > >No such thing.> > >RobG>

card and free pint at the door.Um, I have one of those, too, and we've been married for fifteen years now.She is getting a little concerned about the 2000+ unbuilt kits in the garage, but I beat her to that concern by a year or more. money is tight right now and I think that I'm going to unload some of the pile to help pay for the new driveway. There arn't many jets or German aircraft that I plan on building any time soon, so they'll go first.She's also trying to get into building. Brought home a Testor's UFO from the Christmas party for painting as the ultimate Avon Calling vehicle. Time will tell.Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

" snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" wrote

Tom, may I suggest Mary Kay pink? The ultimate transport for the ultimate party plan supervisor?

RobG (The Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote

Absolutely, but not so much of the old, eh. (c: I was married for 13 1/2 years, and when I look back at it, on balance I'd have been happier, better off financially and less lonely on my own. I'm not planning any relationships any time soon.

RobG (The Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Hell hath no fury like a man divorced...particularly if alimony is involved. Realizing that marriage was the leading cause of divorce, I've avoided the institution for all of my 51 years. I did once meet a happily married couple though; the fact that the husband was a doctor of psychology probably helped. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

(Count=A0DeMoney) wrote: I got back into this hobby a couple of years ago after a long absence. I have had little to know grief about it from my wife. I guess she would rather see me wield my xacto knife and hoist my bottle of super bonder as opposed to hoisting a shot glass or tucking dollar bills in a g-string. Just like every other hobby, modeling can get expensive but I think my wife figured out it is probably a whole lot cheaper and safer than some of the alternatives. I think your girlfriend probably understands the "value" in supporting your modeling habit (:>

I think you've touched on part of the Truth here. Yes I do think that is a Large part of what is going on. Her husband Built those Large Scale Planes. The Big Balsa ones that you can Fly. Soooooo she is already interested because of how similar the two hobbies are. In so far as you have got to Build the Model the fact that I like to build everything from Armor to Sci-Fi she finds very interesting. She herself is into Beads and Stones there are things that she has made in Little Boxes every place you look

She's very very good at building them too. Yo can see that she knows all about Good Workmanship and keeping up with Skills

I'm pretty sure I can get her to Build a Kit in the New Year here. It is Really Great when Each has a Hobby. You Both tend to be a Little Bit More Understanding. :)

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000