So I'm reading my latest FSM....

And I ask myself, "Why didn't the article on the Su-27P explain WHY it was necessary to kitbash two kits to get the 'P'?" I feel a little dull because I've always had an interest in Soviet aircraft and I can't recall what it is that makes a 'P' different. The designation suggests an interceptor-optimised aircraft. Being unfamiliar with Hasegawa's and Airfix's kits, I can't say what versions they represent.

All that said, the model was very well done.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Possibly because the Airfix is most accurate, and Hasegawa has finer details but less accurate shapes?

Reply to
El Viejo Dragon

I suppose so but that doesn't answer the question directly. What is it about a -27P that made it - necessary - to combine kit parts? Without that answer it was just an article on how to combine parts from other kits and aftermarket suppliers to get a really nice model. The jist of the article was stated early on that when you can't buy what you want already kitted, you can do thus and get the result you want.

Sorry if I'm the only one who felt the article came up lacking.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller