Speaking of F-100s...

I was watching a few minutes of the Miltary Channel on my son's technological wonder TV and saw a pair flying over 'Nam and they still had paint on the rear fuselage. I assume they had been recently painted even though they looked faded.

Flatscreens sure stretch everything out longitudinally but people come across as stocky. I'll stick with my crt as long as it lasts.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

"Mad-Modeller" wrote in news:Xns9C20E7A0E7E74vze3zb2kverizonnet@199.45.49.11:

There are adjustments for that. I have a big screen job, if the settings aren't right stuff looks funny, it's the aspect ratio. Pop the young whippersnapper on the back of the head, Gibb's style. he ought to know better.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

the newer stuff has that pretty well dicked. carefull shopping does it.

Reply to
someone

Mad-Modeller wrote: : : Flatscreens sure stretch everything out longitudinally but people come : across as stocky. I'll stick with my crt as long as it lasts. : That is why I tell my cable box NOT to stretch the picture. When watching non HD channels, I deal with the 4:3 picture. As it is, when a non-HD ad comes on, the picture reverts to 4:3.

On the other hand, stretching the screen probably does wonders for the "land of the 8' giants", aka CinemaScope!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden