Spray Booth

I now, I now this has been asked many times before. But NOT by me!

Where can I find some Plans for a simple set-up to make my own Spray Booth?

TIA Spence

Reply to
Spencer

I have just had an article on building a spray booth published in the January/February 'Ships in Scale' magazine. Sure, it is a model ship mag, but the spray booth will work for spraying nearly any kind of model.

This booth has a light, and uses furnace filters.

Spencer wrote:

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Model Railroader Magazine did a piece on a spray booth a few years ago (10?) and this puppy will suck the chrome off a bumper. I built one, and it works like a charm, only I don't think the word 'simple' applies. It is, however, quite good at clearing the fumes out of the shop.

Email me off list and I can give you the information I have.

John

Reply to
JER442

i don't have them written, but i gutted a 17" monitor, drilled a 6" hole in the back that i siliconed a dryer house on. i'm going to ad a aquirrel cage fan in a box with the motor external and another hose out. i will put filters at the beginning of the hose and just befor the fan.

I took an old (what the heck do you call that in english!?!?!) I looked it up and it is a HOOD. The ones that one hangs above ones kitchen stove.

OK so I took the thing, put it on its back so the controls, that were on the front, now face upwards. I built a nice plywood box around it (some 40 cm's deep)and ...presteo You got a nice spray booth without having to connect lights, motors, switches etc. and the filters are readily available in supermarkets at virtually no cost.

Total costs about ? 30,- (tops) = about $ 30,- (US)

HTH Dennis

Reply to
Bert&Ernie

Spence -- I got into this late and didn't catch you mailing address. Drop me a line and I forward an article with sketches from an old magazine to you. Regards,

The Old Timer

that's a nice solution but not good for restricted spaces like a tiny apartment.

I had the same question a couple of weeks agao, did a google search, and found the following reference:

Eureka!

---Scott

JER442 wrote:

Reply to
Scott Nagle

On my older booths (not the one in the article) I used corrugated carboard boxes for the booth structures. Stuck fan and filter on top. Weight of both held them in place over hole I had cut in top of box. Actually, side of box.

I cut the t>

Reply to
Don Stauffer

sounds like an effective bargain based system for us shekel challenged denizens.

Some of the greatest ideas are the simplest! And talk about a solution being right in front of my face everyday!

Question: If I dispense with the sides for this or any other similar setup, how much overspray would I miss sucking into the thing? 10%? 40%? 90%? Obviously, my question is geared toward doing away with the bulky sides, but I don't have a feel for the trade-off.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

If you want, I can email you some plans & directions for one I made a while back. It folds against a wall when not in use &

Reply to
Chris

Sorry, premature posting :) I just posted in a.b.m.s. a pdf of the booth I made a year or so ago. Let me know what you think. If you don't like the the fan being on top, it would be simple to put it on the bottom.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

please here. snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Try this site and open up the December 2003 Newsletter for a god simple take anywhere Spray Booth.

Phil Hastie Editor ACT Scale Modelling Society Canberra Australia

Reply to
Phil & Annette Hastie