Strategic Air Command movie

thank you. just mostly what i need. and damn, why did i sell my 1/72 kit? all you ever wanted to know about the b-36 interior. i suspect those pictures were taken by a modeler who knows how to drive a camera. truhtfully, i don't even have ceiling space for the monster. that is an awful lot of brake pads. must have been a nightmare to do a brake job. happily now i can visualize how the brakes work. they must sound like a giants bus when they blow up the tubes. but now i'm haunted with the idea of sitting in a b-36 going down the runway with 6 churning and 4 burning. too bad there isn't a flyer left but i can't even imagine what a logistic nightmare that would be for a private organization.

doh! thanks al.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

thanks

Ever tried throwing water on paraffin or petrol as a kid ? ;-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Thanks very much for that!

To simulate the sound take a couple of pieces of expanded polystyrene, lick them then find a hypermarket window near a line of checkouts and rub the polystyrene slowly around the glass. Watch the lines of customers writhe in agony!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Harriers use demineralised water injection as well. The water is sprayed into the jet engine compressor turbines and serves to cool the air and so increase its density.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

no, i was a black powder and fireworks fan

But that's not water injection. Try it sometime but don't do as we did, trying it indoors!

Later I was an Irish firework mixture fan but after a rocket mishap and seeing the windows bow inwards with the explosion, the residents from the length of the street standing outside and the near deaf next door neighbour telling me that he thought there was a plane crash, I retired.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

I thought one of the coolest shot's in the movie was in the beginning from the tower where you could see the B-45 Tornado's on the ramp. Not a common sight!

Pugs

Reply to
Allen Epps