Striping paint

When using simple green or castrol cleaner, do you soak it full strength or dilute it?

Reply to
Ted

Castrol Super Clean doesn't need to be diluted - it probably wouldn't work as well if it were.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I was going to reply to this post with a statement that I use masking tape and an airbrush when "striping" a model, but I decided that would be obnoxious, so I won't.

I use Strip-a-kit when stripping paint- it seems to work on both enamels and acrylics, and it doesn't leave me with a toxic waste disposal problem such as I'd have with brake fluid. (I've never tried simple green, though.)

-Bill

Reply to
RC Boater

For clean shiny good-as-new- again plastic, here in the UK I use Mr. Muscle spray on foam oven cleaner. Place the kit in a plastic bag, spray all over, then in a couple of hours (or more depending on the age/thickness of the paint) a wash under the tap with an old toothbrush leaves it clean and ready for repainting. Chek ( I know this wasn't your question, but I want to try out my new anti-spam signature :)

Reply to
Chek

Where do you find the stuff?--I'm down to my last ounce of the stuff, and I can't find anyone selling it in Northern California.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Thanks everyone.

Reply to
Ted

I buy Castrol Super Clean at Wal-Mart but I'm sure Target, K-Mart and such would have it too.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Well, there, you see, no wonder I couldn't find it--I haven't been to a Walmart or a Target or K-mart in ages (my wife goes to Target all the time) and I haven't been into a Kragen's since the last time I needed a car battery. Thanks for the heads-up.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Good to see 'Mr. Muscle' is good for something. It's the weakest oven cleaner I've ever used.

Scott G. Welch

Reply to
OSWELCH