T-28 Two bladed prop 1/48 where can I get one?

Won Roden T -28 B at the Nats.. Want to make in Dominican Air Force but we only had two bladed ones. Thanks Jose

Reply to
jmpaliza

only had two bladed ones.

It shouldn't be too difficult to make one from the 3 bladed one you have in your kit. Cut the blades away from the hub, sand a piece of the sprue until it's got a nice circular cross section and cut a piece about 4 - 5 mm long. Glue 2 styrene disks on the ends, drill them out and glue on two of the blades. Glue on a hub boss made from 2 concentric styrene disks and then blend it all together with putty.

Be careful about the engine. Most Trojans with the 2 bladed prop were -As with a smaller engine and noticeably curving cowl instead of the -B's straight sided cowl.

Compare this picture of a T-28 A

this T-28 B
Jessica

Reply to
<Jessie_C>

Thaks Jessica! There's a catch! I do have three or four pictures of the one= s we had here at a moment in time some officers fron Venezuelan Air Force c= ame here to see our T 28s theoreticlly because ours had more powerful engin= es !!!??? Could it be we had ones with the 1820 engine instead of the 1300?= ?? !!!! The problem with our armed forces is they still have the "mentality= " of secrecy, heritage of Trujillo's times and on one hand there are no doc= uments and on the other you'd surprised that old pilots do not remember or = don't want to info about their aircraft!!! I have a T 28 A from monogram already built with the two bladed prop, I'll = follow you advice using that one as a model. Thanks again Jose

Reply to
jmpaliza