Tales from the spray booth (part 1)

For a change, rather than asking endless questions I thought that I would share some of my modelling experiences: In particular airbrushing and hope that these ramblings may be of some use to people just starting out with an airbrush.

A couple of months ago after numerous hours of practice and not really getting anywhere most things suddenly fell into place, paint consistency, air pressure and last but not least airbrush control and I managed to get down a reasonable layer of paint.

Well yesterday I learned shading and subtlty. On an Astek A470 subtlty is about a 3 mm (dependent upon air pressure) movement on the trigger between no paint and waaaay too much...LOL but the important part is that I now have control of it. The biggest factor in this I have found is paint consistency.

Today I have discovered that airbrushing is pure therapy, watching the paint go down in nice even lines was just such a feel good factor and I remain astounded at the degree of directional control that can be had from an airbrush.

The Airfix Tomcat is nearing completion (another week maybe) and I will post the results on alt.binaries.models.scale when I am finished.

All the best

Roger

Reply to
Roger Demming

I get the same satisfaction from ironing shirts and seeing the wrinkles disappear. ..../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Reply to
Danny Stone