tamiya 1/350 prince of wales or king george V

Some advice please. Looking to build one of these, but interested if both kits are identical, or if not what are the differences?

Reply to
Brian Cleverly

KGV doesn't have the Walrus aircraft and catapult between the funnels. There are boats stored there instead. The secondary armament and AA guns are also different.

Reply to
Jeff C

If I bought the KGV kit tho, would it have the same sprues as POW, so you just don't use them, or does it only contain the KGV stuff? For example if the KGV has more AA could I also include the Walrus?

Reply to
Brian Cleverly

No. While some of the sprues are the same (containing major superstructure parts and main gun turrets), the other sprues are different. The KGV kit has no Walrus, and the PoW kit has no 40mm Bofors or 20mm Oerlikons (and their relevant directors and gun tubs). An interesting note: the PoW kit comes with Bettys and Nells.

- Sean F.

Reply to
SeanFallesen

thanks

decisions, decisions. Seems the KGV is the post 1944 refit scheme. Think i'll go for the POW tho, could do an interesting Diorama with the Betty's & Nells!!

Reply to
Brian Cleverly