Tamiya enamels

I've heard of Tamiya enamels before, but have never seen them in a Hobby shop or on the Internet for sale.

Is anyone familiar with them? If so, how well do they compare with other modeling enamels? And if they're really good, what are the options for U.S. customers to purchase them?

Reply to
lee

Tamiya enamels are ok ,ive been using them for a number of years ,depending on how fast I want them to dry I use turpentine ,white spirit or enamel (celulose)thinners to thin . Should be readily availale in US .

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Are you talking about the Spray Cans, or glass bottles?

Only brushable bottled Tamiya paints I've seen in the US are the standard Acrylics. They are thinned by special Tamyia thinners or Isopropyl alcohol. Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

He's talking about glass bottles.

Tamiya acrylics come in round bottles. Tamiya enamels come in small square bottles, similar to Testors enamels.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

Hmmm... Never seen them in the USA. We only seem to be able to get the round (acrylic) paint bottles and since few years back, the spray cans. Now I wonder if the stuff in those spray cans is similar chemically to the paints in square glass bottles....

Hmmm...

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Nope. The small square bottles are enamels while the spray paints are acrylic lacquers.

Reply to
Al Superczynski