Tamiya's Rally cars

Which one of Tamiya's 1/24 scale Rally cars would folks here recommend as being particularly good?

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
phil

Phil, All of Tamiya's rally cars are first rate. The choice really comes down to your own preference. I would recommend the Peugeot 206 (No.221) for the simple reason that it has a single color body scheme. The decals add the color. I love the big blue Lion. But then again, that's just my preference! All of the kits are very straight forward to build and present a fine finish. All are fairly accurate for one race or another so the "accuracy" isn't really an issue. ............just add a little glue and vola!

v/r Jerry

Darwin is alive and well.

Reply to
BRAVO52

Thanks very much for the info. Surely it still needs to be painted though?

Phil

Reply to
phil

Yes.........although, I've seen slot cars with killer paint jobs that were just polished and cleared. The Peugeot is all white. v/r Jerry

Reply to
BRAVO52

All of them!! Not really a stinker in the bunch, and there are many after market decals available for all of them. Cliff Davis IPMS/USA

3687 Highlands Ranch , Colorado

phil wrote:

Reply to
Cliff T. Davis

Reply to
jp57

Excellent, thanks.

Phil

Reply to
phil

Cool. I'll have a look at that one too. :)

Phil

Reply to
phil

If you *really* want to be stunned, get a 1/20 kit. The old Fiat 131 is a killer! As it's molded in the correct body color (white) and the decals (two very different sets) cover nearly every square centimeter of it, you might get by without painting it, too.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there, built that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Yeah but surely you would`nt not want to paint a great kit like that? I know I would, Darren

Reply to
Darren

Don't forget the Hasegawa WRC cars as well - very nice, sometimes even better than Tamiya-san's. And they do some different rallys / years to Tamiya, too.

RobG (the AUssie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg