The plastic being used today

I have noticed that when I go to glue my models together that the cyno glue doesn't do its job. I have a method of using the glue with the plastic dust of the kit to us as a putty for shallow seems. It seems when I use this method lately it falls out sometimes. I find that I have trouble with superman (revell), pegisas, mobius, and polar lights. When I did nosfuratu I had a hard time with his legs and coat seams. I have started using liquid cement but it hinders my model dust method of putty. I have tried Ives on the super man model and it fell off. What is going on with the plastic???? I am sorry but my spelling is Baaaaaad

Reply to
Dan-tot

Try using micro-balloons or baking soda instead of plastic dust. Plastic dust works great with a solvent based glues, but CA glues are not solvent based. Glue the parts together first, then fill/sand.

Reply to
Rufus

Your superglue has gone bad. After a while the longer it sits after you open it the less it works.

Well at least that has been my experience.

Reply to
AM

I tend to buy krazy glue in the small boxed sets of small tubes. My experience has been if the cap is not exceptionally tight the stuff can go bad really fast. So large tube for large jobs - resing ships - small tubes for small jobs - assembling a miniature figure.

Reply to
Val Kraut

I have not noticed a problem. Two main reasons for glue failure seem to be CA shelf life and mold release on plastic.

CA does have a limited life and I have frequently had to replace a tube before it is all used up. I never buy big tubes or containers.

As far as mold release, most injection molded kits today do not have much of a problem, but I still do find a problem with a few mfgs. Washing a kit is good insurance. Resin kits always need to be cleaned.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Don Stauffer wrote in news:4ca72a36$0$509$815e3792 @news.qwest.net:

Amen to the shelf life. I have started picking up CA at Lowes. I can get 2 small tunes in a blister pack for a couple bucks. Far better chance of me finishing a tube before it turns now.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

2

I buy mine at a Dollar General. I pay $2.00 each for blister packs of two. As we go to this plaza once a week to gas up and shop at BJ's, I stop in about once a month or so and buy a half dozen packs.

Reply to
The Old Man

The last bunch of glue I bought at discount dollar store (four tubes in blister pack) all were bad- the tubes were too thin and cracked when you squeezed them- got glue all over my fingers! Tried all four and discarded the whole batch. I can see why they were in a dollar store :-(

Reply to
Don Stauffer

the green packed 4 tupbe set are 99 cents and hold up, green pak.

Reply to
someone